If you are overweight and have more than 50 pounds to lose, you may have thought about weight-loss surgery. Texoma Medical Center offers seminars that address the American diet, available surgical options, and information on what to expect regarding the safety and outcomes of weight-loss surgery.
Are You a Candidate?
Weight-loss surgery may be right for you if:
- You are over age 18
- You are at least 50 pounds overweight, depending on other health conditions
- Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is at least 35 with one obesity-related health problem (such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure or sleep apnea) or your BMI is greater than 40, with or without related health problems.
- You have tried other weight-loss methods without success
- You are medically stable and physically able to withstand surgery
- You pass a psychological screening test that helps determine if you are able to comply with post-surgical behavior modifications
- You complete all required pre-operative testing
Supporting You all the Way
If you are a candidate for weight-loss surgery and decide to have the procedure, TMC is there for you through the surgery and beyond. The weight-loss surgery support group helps you adjust to a new way of life. You will learn about managing nutrition, creating a workable eating plan, sticking to an exercise program, wardrobe changes and more. Members will share successes and questions regarding life post weight-loss surgery.
Fully Accredited Bariatric Center
The weight-loss surgery program at TMC has been designated as a fully accredited Bariatric Center by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP).