Please follow the checklist below ahead of your scheduled surgical procedure at Texoma Medical Center.
- Do not eat or drink ANYTHING (even coffee) after midnight the night before your surgery or procedure.
- Do not chew gum, eat any candy, mints, cough drops, or use tobacco products of any kind such as cigarettes, snuff, dipping or chewing tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery or procedure or your surgery will be CANCELED.
- You may brush your teeth but DO NOT SWALLOW ANY WATER.
- If you take your blood pressure or heart medication, please do so as directed by your physician with a small sip of water.
- You MUST have someone drive you home.
- Please bring all your medications in their original bottles.
- Leave ALL valuables at home (including purses, wallets, jewelry, and cash).
- Please remove all jewelry and body piercings prior to your arrival to the hospital.
- Please bathe or shower the night before or the morning of surgery.