Making A Medical Record Request
Copies of medical records can be obtained through the TMC Health Information Management (HIM) Department.
All requests must be in writing. You may mail a written request to the address below, which should contain as much information as possible to assist us in identifying your record(s). The request should contain the following information:
- Patient's full name, (previous name(s), birth date, social security number)
- Name of recipient, address, phone number (who is to receive information)
- Type of information requested (exact information you want released)
- Purpose of release (why information is being requested)
- Approximate date of treatment
- Appropriate signature with witness signature
- Date of request
For your convenience a copy of the Authorization for Release of Information (PDF) document is available for download.
There are no fees for copies of records requested for continuity of care (physician or other hospital). Requests for continuation for care only may be faxed to 903-416-4449. Copies of records for reasons other than continuity of care are subject to a fee.
Please note that HIM is not able to process requests for billing information.
Birth Certificate Information
To request a copy of a birth certificate for anyone born in Grayson County, contact one of the following locations:
- Call the Grayson County Clerk's office at (903) 813-4243
- Visit Texas Department of State Health Statistics online at www.dshs.texas.gov/vs/
TMC Health Information Management (HIM)
5016 South US Highway 75
Denison, TX 75020