Orthopedic Services in Denison, Texas
Advanced Treatment for Bones and Joints
If you suffer from pain in your bones or joints, consider seeing an orthopedic specialist at Texoma Medical Center. Orthopedic specialists offer quality diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic problems relating to bones and joints.
Treatment plans are designed to relieve pain and increase function. Your treatment plan will be individualized to address your specific treatment needs. It may include a surgical procedure or non-surgical option. Non-surgical options include medication, rehabilitation, physical therapy, outpatient therapy and an exercise regiment.
If surgery is needed, orthopedic surgeons offer minimally invasive techniques, including the use of robotic surgery with Mako SmartRobotics™, which only require small incisions, whenever possible. This can help reduce your hospital stay and recovery time. After surgery, you may need physical rehabilitation which is offered at TMC Outpatient Therapy Services.
Gold Seal of Approval
Texoma Medical Center has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for Hip and Knee Joint Replacement.
Orthopedic Conditions We Treat
- Acute injuries (traumatic bone fragment, dislocated joints and any injury to the musculoskeletal system)
- Arthritis (joint inflammation that causes pain, joint damage and loss of joint function)
- Bone injuries and diseases (various conditions including bone softening, infection of the bone and osteoporosis)
- Joint pain (discomfort, pain or inflammation in any part of a joint, including cartilage, bone, ligaments, tendons or muscles)
- Ligament tears (ACL tear, ankle sprain, MCL sprain, rotator cuff tear, shoulder dislocation)
- Muscle atrophy (loss of muscle tissue from lack of use that causes weakness and difficulty moving)
- Sports injuries (concussions, fractures, hernias, overuse injuries, sprains, strains)
Request an Appointment
Complete the appointment request form or call our physician referral service at 903-416-DOCS. To sign up for Joint Replacement Camp, call 903-416-4477.
The orthopedic team at Texoma Medical Center offers a full range of surgical and non-surgical treatments for issues with your bones, joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons.
Elbow, Hand and Shoulder Treatment
Orthopedic surgeons at Texoma Medical Center diagnose and treat acute and chronic problems affecting the upper extremities. These include carpal tunnel syndrome, hand injuries and deformities and multiple forms of arthritis.
Hip and Knee Surgery
The orthopedic surgeons at the hospital provide surgical treatment for hip and knee issues. Mako SmartRobotics is utilized for hip and knee replacement procedures to reduce bleeding and recovery times.
Orthopedic and rehabilitation specialists address musculoskeletal system issues resulting from a sports injury, accident, overuse or fall. Care is provided to patients of all ages and incorporates a multidisciplinary, personalized approach.
Our rehabilitation program has physical and occupational therapists who assist patients with recovery and help them return to their daily activities. We offer outpatient therapy through TMC Outpatient Therapy Services and inpatient therapy through the Reba McEntire® Center for Rehabilitation.
Reba® and Reba McEntire® are registered trademarks licensed by “Reba’s Business, Inc.”
About Our Team
Our orthopedic specialists have a variety of specialized training including:
- Orthopedic surgeons trained in the use of the Mako SmartRobotics
- Fellowship training in total joint replacement surgery
- Board-certification in sports medicine
- Certified hand therapist who provides strength and conditioning during rehabilitation
Patient Story: David Carr
David Carr received knee replacement surgery and participated in the Joint Replacement Camp at Texoma Medical Center.
Individual results may vary. There are risks associated with any surgical procedure. Talk with your doctor about these risks to find out if robotic surgery and/or minimally invasive surgery is right for you.