Reba McEntire® Center for Rehabilitation
After a debilitating illness or injury, learning to walk or talk again can be a difficult and painful challenge that can take weeks, even months, to accomplish. Milestones may be few and far between, but at Texoma Medical Center's Reba McEntire Center for Rehabilitation (Reba Rehab), each step is celebrated as a grand stride in the journey back to a normal life.
Reba Rehab provides comprehensive inpatient physical rehabilitation programs in a relaxed, home-like atmosphere. Accredited by The Joint Commission, the Center meets the highest standards and strictest guidelines for care, safety and excellence, and offers specialized rehabilitation programs for patients recovering from:
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Cardiac disease
- Orthopedic conditions
- Developmental diseases
- Brain injury
- Major trauma
- Medical deconditioning and other disabling conditions
Inpatient rehabilitation is a transition from hospital to home and the 21-bed facility was designed with recovery in mind. Reba Rehab is the only rehabilitation center in the local area with a handicapped-accessible heated indoor pool, including an area for hydrotherapy. Aquatic exercises help the muscles become stronger and assist with mobility. In addition, the facility has an an on-site transitional apartment where patients can get real-life practice before they return home.
Get the latest information on inpatient rehabilitation from healthcare professionals.
Special services available at Reba Rehab include:
- LSVT® BIG Treatment — LSVT BIG is an advanced research-based approach to helping improve the motor functioning of patients with Parkinson's disease and other neurological conditions.
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT) therapists — Therapists trained as NDT specialists encourage improvement of motor skills through hands-on assistance.
- Ampcare Effective Swallowing Protocol (ESP™) — ESP uses therapeutic electrical stimulation for the treatment of dysphagia (swallowing difficulty). This treatment, in conjunction with a custom exercise program, helps restore swallowing and prevent food from entering the patient’s airway.
- The WalkAide® system — This assists in lifting the foot for individuals who experience foot drop after an injury to their central nervous system.
- Virtual Reality Assist Program — The Virtual Omni™ aids patients by allowing them to perform rehabilitative exercises in a virtual environment.
The Rehabilitation Team
At Reba Rehab, patients receive intensive therapy each day so active participation in the program is critical to their success. Family members are also encouraged to participate in therapy so everyone is well prepared for the patient’s discharge. The multidisciplinary rehabilitation team works closely with each patient to help them meet their goals and achieve their highest level of recovery. The team includes:
- Rehabilitation nurses who provide 24-hour medical care and support and act as resources to patients and their family.
- Physical therapists who develop programs to help patients regain your strength, endurance, coordination and balance and improve mobility.
- Occupational therapists who focus on activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing and feeding, and identify adaptive equipment if needed after discharge.
- Speech and language therapists who diagnose and treat speech, language, swallowing or cognitive deficits
- Social workers/case managers who act as a healthcare liaisons by coordinating patient care.
“Reba® and Reba McEntire® are registered trademarks licensed by “Reba’s Business, Inc.”
TMC Reba McEntire® Center for Rehabilitation
1200 Reba McEntire Lane
Denison, Texas 75020